New Deals and Boats Afloat for 2011
A new Hunter offers new opportunities in Florida and San Juan Sailing offers up some great trips out west. Chartering News from our November 2010 issue
Fortuitous, a Hunter Passage 42 sloop that accommodates a crew of six, has joined the Southwest Florida Yachts charter fleet.
Fortuitous is located with the company's fleet at Burnt Store Marina, in Punta Gorda, Florida, a location that provides easy deep-water access to open-water sailing on Charlotte Harbor and the Gulf of Mexico.
Fortuitous has double berths in the forward cabin, the aft cabin, and the main saloon. It has two showers and two electric heads with a holding tank.
The air-conditioned interior (with headroom of six feet five inches) is finished in teak and holly. Amenities include an AM/FM stereo with a CD player and cockpit speakers. The two television sets are VCR and DVD capable.
Fortuitous typically charters for $2,400 for five days in the summer and just less than $3,000 in the high season. As part of the company's 25th-anniversary celebration, charters of three days or more receive two extra chartering days at no cost through December 14, 2010. For more details, contact the company (www.swfyachts.com).
Incentives and Flotillas Offered in U.S. Pacific Northwest
San Juan Sailing, which operates a fleet in the U.S. Pacific Northwest island waters, is offering a number of discounts and special trips for 2011:
• Reserve by December 31, 2010, and receive a 2011 charter at 2010 rates, a savings of from 3 percent to 7 percent, depending on the boat.
• Reserve a 2011 spring-season charter by December 31, 2010, and you get 10 days for the price of seven. This applies to certain 10-day charter periods between March 19 and June 17, 2011.
Special trips include:
• Tulip Fields, Butchart Gardens, and Winery Flotilla (April 16 to 25, 2011). Reserve space on this 10-day trip by December 31, 2010, and sail 10 days for the price of seven.
• American Sailing Association Flotillas to Canada's Gulf Islands (June 18 to 24, 2011) and to the San Juan Islands (June 25 to July 1, 2011). Book by December 31, 2010, for savings.
• A pair of Desolation Sound flotillas. The two-week trip runs from September 17 to 30, 2011; the three-week flotilla runs from September 17 to October 7, 2011.
Log on to the company website (www.sanjuansailing.com) for more details.
The Moorings Opens a Grenada Base
The Moorings base on the island of Grenada, in the southern Caribbean, is open for business. Considered the gateway to nearby St. Vincent and the Grenadines directly to its north, Grenada offers exceptional sailing conditions along with pristine reefs, colorful coral gardens, bustling markets, and access to the Tobago Cays, a national park. Diverse itineraries for bareboat, crewed, and one-way charters are available.
The Moorings Grenada fleet of 35- to 51-foot catamarans and monohulls is located at Camper & Nicholsons' Port Louis marina facility on the harbor at St. George's, the island capital. For travel and charter details, contact the company (www.moorings.com).