We took off the next day and began to "jump" back across, with blue skies and a warm breeze from the S.W. It looked good and our hopes were high. We wanted to get as far East as we could before we had to turn and head North to go around the high. We knew we couldn't get dock space in Hawaii so planned to turn and head for San Francisco as soon as we could. Lisa seemed to be o.k. with the sea sickness with the help of sturgeron which we got in Mexico. She was actually able to cook special meals and do some clean-up, but Bob did most of the dish washing. Having the 3rd person made a huge difference. The days seem to melt together and as we kept going we were able to make some good Easterly direction. It looked like maybe we might be able to go to San Diego and maybe even sail back down to Cabo San Lucas. It was hot and humid and we lost several lures trying to catch that "big one" but alas, no luck. Bob was ever hopeful and put the rod out daily, after all what else is there to do? From time to time, waves would splash over the cockpit dousing one of us, usually reading a book, rendering it difficult to keep the pages together for the next person to read. Needless to say we had to toss several out when we arrived. It was VERY warm and humid down below, making sleep difficult at times and cooking was miserable, but we maintained a schedule that allowed each of us to sleep a full 6 hours at night, except John who got to sleep extra in the morning, (until we connected with the SSB net in the morning waking up). After days and days of endless waves and blue sky, we found out that there might be a chance that we could, in fact, sail directly to Mexico! We were elated! That was the first time our spirits had lifted to break the boredom. Then Bob said, "I always wanted to do this and now that I have, I don't want to do it again!" We all chuckled! Our first sign of getting close was to see birds. We had been having trouble keeping up with the batteries and found out when we got back and were cleaning, that several large birds had hitched a ride on the upper solar panels and left us a present that had rendered the panel useless. We started to get a weather report that said there was a late season hurricane forming off the coast of Central America. We weren't worried as we were several hundred miles away but one still has to be alert. We decided to tack and head N.W. moving away a little, as many times these late ones will die out. The course was not very comfortable and got us moving further away from Mexico. Then the hurricane began heading N.W. very slowly. We started hearing reports from friends in La Paz that it might we headed our way.