• Use your bareboat's holding tank, and don't discharge raw sewage within 1,000 yards of shore.
• Pack dish and boat soaps and toiletries that don't contain harsh ingredients for use aboard. (See "A Stick-to-It Solution for the Cruising
Chef," New Products section, Cruising World magazine, August 2006)
• If the boat's equipped with real dishes, cups, glasses, and cutlery, use those instead of paper, Styrofoam, or plastic disposable items.
• Don't touch coral or anchor on it.
• Respect the boundaries of any marine-protected areas.
• Remove dried clothes and towels from the lifelines.