If you’ve admired /CW/ calendars of the past, here’s your chance to get in the game.
Each year, Cruising World’s wall calendar features 12 photos of cruising boats under sail and at anchor in breathtaking locations around the world. This year, in honor of the magazine’s 35th anniversary, we’re inviting readers to be a part of this photographic tradition.
Between now and June 15, 2009, submit your best cruising images to our member galleries for a chance to have your photo appear in CW’s 2011 calendar. (All photos submitted will also be eligible for our Summer Photo Contest.)
Here are the guidelines for calendar photo submissions:
We’re looking for:
1. Color images that capture the essence of cruising under sail.
2. A variety of geographic locations and times of year.
3. All types and sizes of sailboats, with emphasis on the boat, not the people on board.
4. A range of activity, from passive and peaceful to active and exciting.
5. A mixture of scenic anchorage shots and boats under sail.
1. Images are reviewed for content, color, sharpness, and technical quality.
2. Horizontal format only.
3. JPEG or TIFF format only.
4. All digital images need to be 300 DPI at 11×14 in order to be published in the calendar. Feel free to submit smaller sizes to the web; we will request the high-res versions at the conclusion of the contest.
If we select your image for use in the 2011 calendar, we’ll pay $100 and send 10 copies of the calendar once printed.