Cruising World magazine has an immediate opening for a managing editor. If you're a sailor who likes to write or a writer and editor who loves to sail, join the team here in Newport, R.I. We're looking for a candidate with a solid background in journalism and a healthy interest in sailing, boats, and travel.
Job Description: Managing editor, Cruising World
Cruising World, the foremost authority on cruising under sail, is seeking a highly organized and talented managing editor to join its team in Newport, Rhode Island. The ideal candidate has excellent writing and editing skills, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage art production and editorial work flow for monthly magazine and website
- Produce and edit content for print, digital, and social channels
- Oversee freelance contracts and payments
- Serve as liaison to art and production team based in Winter Park, FL
- Represent the brand at boat shows and other industry events
- Assist in the production of the annual Boat of the Year program
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Interest in sailing and sailboats