Don't Stack Wire Connections!

A colleague sent over some photos yesterday of a small fire that had occured at one of the electrical connections on a ELCI breaker device he had sold to a customer. The photo below shows the aftermath of the small fire and the melted plastic around the terminal. The terminal above got really hot! This whole thing all centers around something I've said here many times before: "The primary by-product of excessive electrical resistance is HEAT". In this case enough heat to start a fortunately ...

burnedbystack_8590.jpg

__