Sail America’s Discover Sailing and Boating is set to host an expanded collection of on-water learning opportunities at the 2017 Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show, taking place April 6-9at the Craneway Pavilion and Marina Bay Yacht Harbor in Richmond, California. The hands-on sessions will offer in-depth learning experiences on specific topics, as well as practice time at the helm. Free programs will also be offered during the show to give sail and power boaters an opportunity to test some of the latest products on the Bay.
From cruisers to racers, the Discover Sailing and Boating program sponsored by Cruising Outpost and Harken will offer something for everyone. Paid classes include:
· Cast Off For Cruising – Get a taste of cruising on a beautiful luxury cruising yacht on this 90-minute sail onboard Club Nautique’s new Beneteau 31. Under the guidance of a Coast Guard licensed captain, participants will take the help and experience the joy of sailing.
· Power Cruising On San Francisco Bay – Explore the world of powerboating onboard Club Nautique’s new Jeanneau NC 9 during this 90-minute cruise. Take the helm for a tutorial on basic powerboat operation while you enjoy the famous sites of San Francisco Bay.
· Catamaran Sailing Clinic – A two-hour clinic designed to expand your knowledge of catamaran sailing onboard a Lagoon 38, courtesy of Passage Nautical.
· Intro to Sailing a Boat Over 40′ – A two-hour introduction to sailing a larger boat, applying current skills and developing new skills to feel comfortable and confident onboard. This workshop will take place on a Beneteau Oceanis, courtesy of Passage Nautical.
· Twin Engine Clinic – Close Quarter Maneuvering and Docking – A three-hour class dedicated to learning how to control a twin-engine vessel in close quarters, as well as docking and undocking techniques onboard a Gran Tourismo 44, courtesy of Passage Nautical.
In addition to the Discover Sailing and Boating clinics and demos, more than 100 free and fee-based seminars presented by industry experts will take place at the show. From boating basics to anchoring techniques, these presentations will cover a wide variety of topics. Some notable seminars include: Offshore Cruising with John and Amanda Neal and Nigel Calder; Marine Weather, Seamanship and Navigation Strategies with Lee Chesneau and Pam Wall; Solar Power Installation on Boats with Patrik Swanljung; and Yo! Row Transpacific Solo with Lia Ditton.
Discover Sailing and Boating and the Seminar Series will take place April 6-9, onsite at the Craneway Pavilion, 1414 Harbour Way S. and Marina Bay Yacht Harbor, 1340 Marina Way S., in Richmond, Calif. For a complete schedule of seminars and workshops, visit www.pacificboatshow.com. Advanced registration is recommended.
About the 2017 Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show:
The 2017 Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show and Marine Sports Expo will cruise into the historic Craneway Pavilion and Marina Bay Yacht Harbor for all things boating. Both inside and outside on the water will be filled with vessels of every size and budget including sleek racers, multihulls, family cruisers and luxury yachts. New this year, dozens of powerboats will be featured in the in-water Motor Yacht Showcase. This four-day event will feature the latest boats, gear, accessories, free seminars, a Paddleboard Expo, radio controlled model yacht sailing, and interactive activities for young aspiring boaters and more.