- The "custom adaptor," made from G10, replaces the air vane in certain conditions, though the vane can be quickly installed for upwind or heavy-air sailing.
- A panhead screw serves as a hinge and connects the tiller-pilot extension to the adaptor.
- The tiller-pilot extension is made from durable PVC.
- A quick-release pin allows for instant removal in an emergency.
- With Lyra balanced on a 6.5-knot beam reach, the vane is properly tuned with the tiller pilot. The servo-rudder, blade and tiller pilot are in the approximate middle of their throws, allowing for maximum course corrections.