Before you head offshore to cruise or race, join some of the top names in sailing for authoritative daylong seminars on safe seamanship, heavy weather tactics, weather forecasting, communications, and boat preparation. You’ll also see safety equipment demos and learn crew-overboard recovery techniques, and be able to pose questions to expert bluewater sailors. Tuition fees vary and seating is often limited so log on now for reservations.
- Learn about sun burn, hypothermia and seasickness prevention
- Learn the differences between SOLAS and other visual distress signals
- Moderated by some of the top names in sailing safety
- Organized by US SAILING, developed by Cruising World Magazine
- Sponsored by Cruising World, West Marine and Landfall Navigation
- US SAILING Sanctioned Safety at Sea Seminars are a certified safety program for offshore sailors, required for many US races and recommended for anyone who wants to learn about safe sailing .
- Seminars are delivered by approved Moderators using a US SAILING certified curriculum
Log on to find a seminar in your area.