What happens when a dream is finally realized after years of sacrifice and struggle?
Can the journey be as rewarding as the destination if an athlete’s dream of competing on the world’s stage falls short? These are a few of the themes that Uncharted Waters, a documentary following athletes on the US Sailing Team Sperry, will explore in the final year of their journey toward a spot on the team that will compete against the world’s best in August. The full film will launch online at http://uncharted.sunbrella.com/ and here on Sailing World’s website on July 4th. In the meantime, check out the preview for the documentary.
US Sailing Team Sperry athletes included in Uncharted Waters are:
• The Outsider: Caleb Paine, San Diego, Finn Men’s Heavyweight Dinghy
• Woman Power: Sarah Everhart-Skeels, Tiverton, R.I., and Cindy Walker, Plymouth, Mass., SKUD-18 Paralympic Class
• The Head and the Heart: Paris Henken, Coronado, Calif., and Helena Scutt, Kirkland, Wash., 49er FX
• Team No Filter: Annie Haeger, East Troy, Wisc., and Briana Provancha, San Diego, Women’s 470 Two-Person Dinghy
• Last Chance: Ricky Doerr, Clifton, N.J., Brad Kendell, Tampa, Fla., and Hugh Freund, South Freeport, Maine, Sonar Paralympic Class
• Unfinished Business: Paige Railey, Clearwater, Fla., Laser Radial One-Person Dinghy