Special delivery: Sign up for the free Cruising World email newsletter. Subscribe to Cruising World magazine for $29 for 1 year and receive 3 bonus digital issues.
Join Sail America and a crew of sailing industry leaders Wednesday, April 19, in Newport, Rhode Island, at the annual Sail America Industry Conference. The conference opens with afternoon J/22 racing in Newport Harbor followed by a reception Wednesday evening.
Two days of lectures and educational events kick off Thursday morning with a welcome from Sail America President Kevin Carlan and a keynote address by renowned race skipper and North Sails President Ken Read. The schedule includes a preview of the Ocean Race stopover in Newport this May, as well as presentations from a number of well-known sailing industry leaders.
Come for the sailing—stay for the conversations that will surely follow!
There’s still a few Sail Newport J22s available for Wednesday’s race—gather you mates and sign up soon.
Sail America Industry Conference schedule currently includes:
- Keynote Speaker Ken Read of North Sails, Building and Leading Great Teams
- Chartering a course to sustainable boat building, Beneteau Group US’s Green Initiative
- Keeping pace with professional certifications and training: The nuts and bolts of managing all of these certifications. Tim Murphy, ABYC, Facilitator; Stanton Murray of Murray Yacht Sales; Holly Ashton from Safe Harbor Marinas
- Who are the new sailors and how do we connect? Brad Read, Sail Newport; Mary Goff, Narragansett Sailing School; Richard Feeney, The Community Boating Center of New Bedford; Adam Cove, moderator
- The Ocean Race and How to Build a Competitive Team with an Environmental Focus, Rob MacMillan of 11th Hour Racing
- Leading Through Transitions, hosted by Sally Helme: Bill Goggins, Harken; Eric Braitmayer, Imtra; Scot West, Ronstan
For regatta and conference information, and to register, visit sailamerica.com.