Newport, RI — The Newport International Boat Show recently announced the winners of this year’s Newport For New Products (NFNP) Awards. Judged on Thursday during the show’s opening day and announced at an awards ceremony on Friday, September 15, the winners are:
- Best New Navigation Product (Including Marine Electronics) — B&G Hercules
- Best New Boating Operation, Maintenance or Safety Product — Ronstan Orbit Winch with QuickTrim
- Honorable Mention Boating Operation, Maintenance or Safety Product — Revolve Technology Emergency VHF Antenna
- Best New Sailboat — YYachts Y70
- Best New Powerboat 30 Feet and Over — Solara S-310 SC
- Best New Powerboat Under 30 Feet — Hyfoil 28, Hyfoil Marine
- Best Overall New Powerboat — Hyfoil 28, Hyfoil Marine
- Honorable Mention: Powerboat — Wolfeboro Boats Classic 15
- Accessible Product Award — Laguna 330, Further Customs
- Green Boat Award — Hyfoil 28, Hyfoil Marine
- People’s Choice Award — Solara S-310 SC
An annual industry highlight, NFNP entries were open to domestic and foreign products launched after April 1 that made their boat show debut at Newport. Category winners were selected by a team of industry experts (including CW Senior Editor Theresa Nicholson and CW editors-at-large Mark Pillsbury and Jennifer Brett) based on innovation, value to the consumer, safety and aesthetics. Show attendees selected the People’s Choice Award winner.
Celebrating its 52nd year, the Newport International Boat Show is one of the largest in-water events in the country and the premier show in New England. The show kicks off the fall boat show season in the US. It encompasses over 15 acres of Newport’s famed waterfront and hosts hundreds of exhibitors, dealers and manufacturers, and features new powerboats and sailboats ranging from 15 to 90 feet, plus an extensive selection of marine equipment, services, and accessories for boaters.