- Thoroughly wash the hull once the boat is out of the water, removing all plants, animals, and mud.
- Drain any water through the vessel's hull plug and ensure the area is dry.
- Make sure the outboard engine is clean and dry.
- Empty and dry any buckets.
- Dispose of all bait in a trash receptacle.
- Spray boat and equipment with high pressure and/or hot tap water, especially if moored for more than a day, or dry boat and equipment and keep out of the water for five days. For more information, contact the California Department of Fish and Game at (866) 440-9530 or www.dfg.ca.gov