- Ideal Windlass is now owned (and windlasses are serviced) by Schaefer Marine. See idealwindlass.com; 401-884-2550.
- Italwinch windlasses are imported to the U.S. by Bainbridge International. See bainbridgeintusa.com; 781-821-2600.
- Lighthouse is a U.S. maker of all stainless-steel horizontal windlasses with under-deck motors, with a wide choice of gypsy/capstan combinations. See lighthouse-mfg-usa.com or email@example.com; 951-683-5078.
- Lewmar manufactures windlasses in a wide variety of types and sizes. See www.lewmar.com/products; 203-458-6200.
- Lofrans is an Italian maker of popular models of all types; they are distributed in the U.S. by IMTRA. See imtra.com; 508-995-7000.
- Maxwell, now owned by Vetus, builds models of all types in New Zealand. See maxwellmarine.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; 714-689-2900.
- Muir is an Australian company, handled in the U.S. by IMTRA. See imtra.com; 508-995-7000
- Quick windlasses are made in Italy and distributed in the U.S. by QuickUSA. See quickusastore.com; 410-636-5991