- Use medium-sized shrimp; jumbo is even better. Small shrimp are hard to skewer and easy to overcook.
- Use metal or bamboo skewers. To prevent scorching, soak wood skewers in water for 20 minutes before you use them.
- Shrimp absorb flavors fast, so limit marinating time to 3 hours max. Skewer shrimp through both head and tail ends for
- Use medium or medium-low heat. Lightly oil grill and skewers before cooking.
- Shrimp cook very quickly. Grill medium shrimp for 2 minutes per side; grill jumbo shrimp 3 to 5 minutes per side or until they turn uniformly light pink and grow firm to the touch.
- Don't overcook!